Wednesday, February 18, 2009

EXPERIENCE: Mystical Transformation

Here is the mystery. It is mystical. It is magical. It is fantastic.

Sunday generally has a routine that it follows. It is not that each week is not unique, it is just that the variations fall roughly within the same dimensions.

If I go home after the morning service I go through the small struggle to come back. At that moment it is work; work that I like, but work nonetheless. So I get back (about 2:30) and I work, I prep, I look at details, I organize, I go through a checklist routine, I set up. We look at our watches...it is 10 minutes to 6...where is everybody? Is anyone coming? Every week I go through this.

5:57 people start rolling in. Soulhouse begins.

Then the mystical, spiritual magic show begins. I am transported, I am taken from where I was and I am transformed. It doesn't matter who speaks. It doesn't matter who sings. It doesn't matter what we sing or what we read. God is there and I sense His presence like nowhere else. When the experience draws to a close I am left feeling that the time flew by. Where did it go? I sense that my spirituality bucket has been topped up. I sense that all of my fruit of the spirit have ripened. I sense that I am more loving, more patient, more concerned, more lovable, more joyful than I was before Soulhouse began.

I have been changed, recharged, reminded. For all of these things and more I say "Thank You Jesus."

g-ram

No comments: