Thursday, July 16, 2009

THOUGHT: You Don't Have It Takes...and that is ok.


Being a follower of Jesus teaches you things. Some of them we like to hear and some of them...well, not so much. We like to think that we are pretty good, pretty worthwhile, pretty important. But there are days also that we feel ugly, dirty, lame, worthless and messed up. Both of these are right and both of these are wrong. We have to figure out a balance in here somehow. The point of feeling like we have nothing to offer is not make us feel lousy it is supposed to make us feel grateful.

huh? How's that?

Think about it like this. Why does God love me when I have nothing to offer?

It should be freeing to know that there is nothing that we can offer God that will add to or take away from who He is. That really should help alleviate any pressure we have to perform, to put on a show or to be worthy.

Would you love your own children more when they perform well?

God is fully fulfilled and complete in Himself. So He is free to love me just as I am because that is what He is...love.

When I "perform" well it has the potential to help me become all that He has called me to become. It is by grace that I have been saved and by grace I am able to live my life to the best of my ability and then...more by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit.

I don't have what it take to impress God. But I do already have the love of God shown to me repeatedly in so many ways. Think about what some of those ways look like to you. Be thankful for them.

g-ram

No comments: