Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Forgotten Love

Have you ever read Hosea? I mean, really read it? It's seriously intense, but there is no way that you can walk away from reading this book without feeling the incredible love of God for you.

Hosea 2:13-16 (New Living Translation)

13 I will punish her for all those times
when she burned incense to her images of Baal,
when she put on her earrings and jewels
and went out to look for her lovers
but forgot all about me,"
says the LORD.

14 "But then I will win her back once again.
I will lead her into the desert
and speak tenderly to her there.
15 I will return her vineyards to her
and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope.
She will give herself to me there,
as she did long ago when she was young,
when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt.
16 When that day comes," says the LORD,
"you will call me 'my husband'
instead of 'my master.'"

It's an incredibly beautiful, painful picture of Israel's relationship with God. And don't miss that when we walk away from God, it's a picture of us too.


- g-ram

No comments: