Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lions & Bears




Get this: armed with a club, David killed both lions and bears. You know, I bet he wondered why God allowed these beasts to attack his sheep 24/7.


1 Samuel 17:33-37
"Don't be ridiculous!" Saul replied. "There's no way you can fight this Philistine and possibly win! You're only a boy, and he's been a man of war since his youth."
But David persisted. "I have been taking care of my father's sheep and goats," he said. "When a lion or a bear comes to steal a lamb from the flock, I go after it with a club and rescue the lamb from its mouth. If the animal turns on me, I catch it by the jaw and club it to death. I have done this to both lions and bears, and I'll do it to this pagan Philistine, too, for he has defied the armies of the living God! The LORD who rescued me from the claws of the lion and the bear will rescue me from this Philistine!"


Perhaps the lions and bears of your life are preparing you to chase bigger obstacles with brave certainty. You like that metaphor?! You know what I'm saying though--God knows what's coming and he's getting you ready.

No comments: