Wednesday, September 24, 2008

THOUGHT: Do you feel like you have lost your brain?

I think that I have lost my mind.
Misplaced it. I went to my bedside table today searching for it and all I found was my empty brain case. Nothing in it. I sent the kids searching but they have turned up nothing, which is what I started with. Nothing.
Getting launched into September seems to be a big deal. Finding a routine after we have not had one is hard and it seems to lead to rushing. I have lots of new stuff to start this month. I want it all to be great. I keep having new ideas but I am not having new time or new people to help, and so...I rush. I hurry and scurry. I feel pressured, but only from me. I feel unprepared for all that I want. I have found a problem in this. More than one problem really, but this one stands out. It was not a secret, it was just like so many other things. It was overlooked. I forgot it.
I forgot Him.
I forgot "to be still and know that He is God."
I forgot all about it.
Just slipped my mind.
I was not at peace. I was at stress. I was at hurry. I was at busy.
This moment is helping me.
I am slowing. I am remembering.
He is God.
He is my peace.
Holy Spirit come on back. There is room for you still. Look, I'll even make some more room. Please come back. I didn't mean to squish you out.
He is God.
All things are under His care and control.
Even me.
Thanks for peace in the midst of a self-inflicted storm.
Thanks for my friends whom I will see tonight @ our 180 Sr launch.
Be with us there and remind us of your presence. We need You.
I wish I wasn't so forgetful about You God. Please help me to mezuzah something around here to bonk me on the head when I start to forget You.
You are God.
You are my God.
Thanks.

g-ram

No comments: