Tuesday, September 30, 2008

THOUGHT: Light and Darkness

Have you thought about light and darkness before? Or maybe, have you ever sat in a dark place for a long time and then looked into the light? What does it feel like? What does it make you think of? I have been pondering light and dark for awhile from two contrasting positions.

1.I have been trying for some time now to get The Board/Room lit up. We have awesome new lighting just waiting to go up. But we lack going up personnel. So I have been watching the shadows and light and wishing that this project would just get completed so we could all just enjoy it. Steps have been taken. We are getting closer but we are not done yet.

2. I have been considering light and dark as they relate to life, as they are symbols that teach us of the way things may be. This coming Sunday @ Soulhouse I will be sharing some of what I have been learning. We are going to couch it in the language of LifeWare Equipping. What does that mean again? Well it means that we are looking for our lives to show the evidence of a designer, we want to find some LifeWare, some secrets, to help us live better. So we are looking to get equipped, rigged out, geared up, pimped out to live better. What can we use to do that better? LifeSupport. Someone or something that will support us as we try to live. Some support as we seek to be light in a dark place.

There are so many pictures that I can think of that are based on light and shadow. What are some of yours? Think about it.

g-ram

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of memories. So many I love to bring out into the light - happy memories. Of course there are those memories that hide in the shadows - they like to pop up every once and awhile - unfortunately.