Friday, January 16, 2009

THOUGHT: A Conflict With Jesus?

So guess what? I have been reading something. Yep, it's true. You know what else? It made me think. Dangerous stuff.

We all know that Jesus did not have kind words for religious leaders of His day. Well, I guess that makes me think a little already because the key to that statement is "religious leaders" and not "of His day." I guess I am a religious leader of sorts. What would Jesus' words be to me about how I roll, religiously speaking?

Check out these two quotes:

"If we acknowledge that the Pharisees were the respectable, pious people of the time, then we have to admit that Jesus had little patience with respectable, pious people.

--William C. Placher

The Pharisees were good, faithful, religious people of their day. And it is good, faithful, religious people of every era who find themselves in conflict with Jesus.
--Beverly Roberts Gaventa

Where do you fit in? Reserved, comfortable, aware, able to quickly "evaluate"/judge others, knows a verse or two and how it applies to someone else's life, at least talks about doing RIGHT things but still has a lack of living RIGHT things from the heart through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I don't want to be a white-washed tomb, how 'bout you? (Matthew 23:27)

g-ram

No comments: