Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just What You Need

Who out there likes to depend on someone or something else? Not me. I like to feel like I am enough, or I have enough all on my own. That's why I think I relate with the Israelites in Exodus 16. I can tell you that God supplies what you and your family need, but I have a little trouble remembering that when I'm panicking over my grocery budget.

Exodus 16:11-12, 17-20 (New Living Translation)

11 Then the LORD said to Moses, 12 "I have heard the Israelites' complaints. Now tell them, 'In the evening you will have meat to eat, and in the morning you will have all the bread you want. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.'"

...

17 So the people of Israel did as they were told. Some gathered a lot, some only a little. 18 But when they measured it out, everyone had just enough.... Each family had just what it needed.

19 Then Moses told them, "Do not keep any of it until morning." 20 But some of them didn't listen and kept some of it until morning. But by then it was full of maggots and had a terrible smell.

God provided exactly what the Israelites needed, and He will do the same for you--in His time and in His way. Our responsibility in the whole ordeal is to remember that He will take care of us and believe it from the bottom of our hearts. Trust. Obey. Ok?


- g-ram

No comments: