Tuesday, August 18, 2009

VERSE: Refelct on this today

So I have been reading, studying, reflecting, meditating, preparing and considering some qualities or characteristics of God lately. Some good things to remember about God. It is great news to be reminded of some of these things.

Sometimes it is challenging.

Why?

Because I am made in the image of God. I have been called to reflect God in my life. And I have to ask myself far too regularly...how am I doing with that? How am I living that out? It is not enough to believe. It must be lived, applied, incarnated, made real. Am I doing that? and am I helping others to do that as well?

Consider this promise; then reflect on the grace of God to you; then consider how to put the grace of you on someone else today.

Numbers 14:18 (New International Version)

18 'The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation.'

Numbers 14:18 (The Message)

18 God, slow to get angry and huge in loyal love,
forgiving iniquity and rebellion and sin;
Still, never just whitewashing sin.
But extending the fallout of parents' sins
to children into the third,
even the fourth generation.

Numbers 14:18 (New Living Translation)

18 ‘The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. But he does not excuse the guilty. He lays the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations.’


Let's keep walking this road together. Don't give up.

g-ram

No comments: