Saturday, November 28, 2009

Got A Light?

God's Word is like a flashlight...you know, that you may use when camping in a dark forest to get from your tent past the outhouses to the dining hall to the campfire.

Without that flashlight, you may trip and fall by accidentally putting your foot into a shallow hole filled with water and leaves forcing you to wait there, stuck in the dark until a large camper who also has no flashlight finds you and punches you repeatedly before taking your marshmallows and s'mores chocolate...

Bottom line--you need a flashlight. And God's Word is like a flashlight:

Psalm 119:105-112 (New Living Translation)

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.
106 I’ve promised it once, and I’ll promise it again:
I will obey your righteous regulations.
107 I have suffered much, O LORD;
restore my life again as you promised.
108 LORD, accept my offering of praise,
and teach me your regulations.
109 My life constantly hangs in the balance,
but I will not stop obeying your instructions.
110 The wicked have set their traps for me,
but I will not turn from your commandments.
111 Your laws are my treasure;
they are my heart’s delight.
112 I am determined to keep your decrees
to the very end.

The Word of God is important. Don't forget, it's like a camping flashlight! Determine today to read and follow God's Word.

411God.net

g-ram

No comments: