Thursday, November 5, 2009

THOUGHT: Giving & Keeping

"Giving is better than getting." Little cliché? Well, let me ask you this: at the end of the day, if you had only enough money for one special thing--like an XBOX--but only one, would you rather keep it, or give it to a friend?

Giving is not always easy. Yet God asks us to give cheerfully, and He promises blessing to those who give.

Acts 20:32-35 (New Living Translation)

32 “And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself.

33 “I have never coveted anyone’s silver or gold or fine clothes. 34 You know that these hands of mine have worked to supply my own needs and even the needs of those who were with me. 35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

So give--your time, your money, your stuff, your approval, your attention, your help, your XBOX! Give something, today, expecting nothing in return.

411God.net

g-ram

No comments: